In light of this, I feel compelled to create a list of resolutions for myself in 2010. I do make resolutions every year, but I've learned that if they are not absurdly, simple little things I will never stick to them.
So, in the past, my resolutions have looked like this:
- 2005 - Do not leave dirty dishes in the sink - If I could just get BSD and the ballerinas to get on board with this, now OCD of mine, all would be right with the world.
- 2006 - Make my bed everyday - Pathetic, I know. But, I have done it every single day for the past four years. Not too shabby.
- 2007 - Make the kids' beds everyday- Hey, it only made sense to keep the theme going. And, I don't want to hear it from you Super Moms that your kids have been making their own beds since they figured out how to pull themselves up.
- 2008 - Wear lipstick/gloss everyday - Well, I guess this one was too much to handle. This resolution was an epic fail. I will put on all the rest of the makeup products (when I actually put on makeup), but I still fail to apply the lipstick. It must be because my lips are the only thing left on my face that don't look old. Once they start to wrinkle and droop like everything else, I'm sure the lipstick will be all over the bottom half of my face.
- 2009 - Try at least one new recipe each month - I think I may have done this. I know in the beginning I was trying more than one new one each week, so I'm sure I tried at least 12 new recipes in 2009. I don't think anyone ate any of them, though. So was this a pass or a fail?
- Continue blogging to try to answer the burning question of What Am I Going to Be When I Grow Up?
- Take another writing class
- Participate in Project365 where you take a picture every single day (Santa brought me an awesome new pocket-sized point and shoot so I should have no excuses.)
- Submit something I've written (I promise, Corey!)
Be nicer to BSD(That was his suggestion, but I've thought about it, and I wouldn't want him to take away my Mean-Ass Woman title that I worked so hard to earn.)
Happy New Year!