Fifteen years. Fifteen years ago BSD and I said, "I do" at sunset on our favorite beach. In Hawaii.
It was a tiny ceremony. We made all our own food. We even baked the cake. And when we noticed the big gaps between the tiers, we decorated it with poisonous plumeria from our yard.
Luckily, no one died.
Fifteen years later. We are still hanging around the beach. In Virginia. Minus one uber cool black lab. Plus two ballerinas.
Fifteen years. That's a pretty long time. To spend with one person.
Definitely a cause for celebration. And we did celebrate. Quietly. Just the two of us. Nothing fancy. A stroll on the boardwalk. And a nice dinner. Simple. Just like our wedding.
Anniversary Highs and Lows
- Bad: The extreme heat and humidity.
- Badder: Fighting over getting change for the parking meter.
- Worst: Feeling your hair take on a life of its own. Hence, the lack of pictures.
- Good: Driving through our favorite neighborhood checking out the homes for sale. Then realizing you're more than happy just where you are.
- Better: Love texts exchanged over dinner.
- Best: Knowing there is no one else in the world you'd rather have sitting across the table from you on your anniversary.