Sunday, January 24, 2010

Gym Etiquette 101

Dear Impatient Gym Wench...

I know January brings out all the "resolution" exercisers. And, yes, we may wind up using the same piece of equipment at the exact moment that you wanted to. It can be annoying. I get it. I've been there.

But, just because you've been more faithful, it doesn't give you the right to not wait your turn. Would you shove me out of line for communion on Christmas and Easter because I wasn't butt-in-pew every other Sunday? Um...I don't think so. God would strike you dead if he caught you pulling that crap.

So, since the gym is obviously your sacred place, just remember He is watching you pull my hair every time you lay down right next to me to do your crunches on the 8x8 foot mat.

And if by some chance, He is too busy saving the people of Haiti, He told me it would be considered an accident if I failed to catch the 12 lb medicine ball that my friend whips at me during our abs workout.

See you tomorrow, IGW.

Love,
Mean-Ass Woman

4 comments:

Erin said...

yes! stock it to her!

lisa and laura said...

Ha! Love this. Although my gym is pretty devoid of resolution exercisers. Wonder what that says about the people of Cleveland? That we've given up on even attempting to get fit?

Kim said...

Erin-One of these days. She was on top of others today. We made it off the mat before she was ready. Phew!

Lila- OR...you're all faithful gym members.

Anonymous said...

Maybe she just thinks you smell nice.