Thursday, January 5, 2012

Late to the party. As usual.

It's already January 5th. Way past the new year. Especially by blog standards. But I'm finally getting around to putting my "word of the year" out there into the blogosphere. I've let this party rock on without me for the past two years. And this year I decided not to be a wallflower. Party rock is in the house tonight.



I was waffling between two words. But I finally chose one.

Create.

I love this word because it encompasses almost anything. That is. Except pro-create.

Create...a writing piece.
Create...messes.
Create...a sewing project.
Create...memories
Create...a new recipe.
Create...a photograph.

Create...another photograph.

And how about another?

And maybe one more?

And if you keep this up. Maybe. Just maybe. You will be able to actually see a Project 365 through for a whole year?

And if you do. Maybe you can take those 365 photographs. And create a book. For your family. That they will drink in with as much interest as they do their favorite catalogs?

And in doing so. Hopefully you will create....joy.

Disclaimer: I plan to take one photograph each day. But I do not plan to post those photos daily on this blog. They may show up on this blog in one form or another. But this blog is for me. To post when and what I choose. I don't want it to become a monkey on my back because I have to post every day. Instead, I've joined a site dedicated solely to Project 365. If you'd like to follow along, you can do so here. Better yet, join me in this project by signing up here.

12 comments:

Caroline said...

Ohhhh a 365!!! I tried and got to about 85 and lost my steam. Whatever the case, creating a book for your family will be wonderful. And the last photo here...OMG! Love that light! And your word rocks!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

I love the egg shot! Good luck with the 365. I find that I take a photo everyday, but it doesn't always get on the blog. But that's okay!

Kristin said...

OMG, I can't believe you're going to actually do it! Kudos to you my friend. It's a ton of commitment and work, but you can do it, and I'll be right there to cheer you on. You're off to a great start and I know you're going to have a GORGEOUS book to show for it at the end of the year.

Kerri said...

Good for you Kim- your photos are always amazing...so it should be a piece of cake for you! :)
The first picture is gorgeous! ;)

Gabe said...

I love the book idea. . .I'm sure I would fail miserably as keeping at something is not my strong suit!

I love, love all of these photos. . .you have such an eye, friend. You just seem to be able to capture the moment! But the egg one and the last one are favs!

sloan said...

great goal, excellent word-of-the-year, amaze-balls photos ... hellz yeah, party rock IS in the house tonite ... psyched for you, kim - happy 2012, indeed!!

Bridget said...

I love your word for the year, and I hope this new year is a great one for you and your family.

My Interior Life said...

Good for you! I love your photos and of course, "create" is perfect! Happy New Year, Kim!

Megan said...

I love your word for the year and what it means. I hope to give myself time to create this year as well. More time for doing those things that bring me happiness. I love your photos and think Project 365 is such a great way to do that. And I love your comment on my post and that I am an island person now! How cool is that??!!

Jennifer Thompson said...

I hope you have fun with your P365.
I found it frustrating at times but, totally worth it in the end. I am just getting started on my book now! Best of luck, oh and that's a great word for the year!

Amy said...

I'm so excited you're doing a 365! Off to check out your photos and bookmark your site :-)

Karina said...

I swear I commented before. Must ave been when my battery died. Your photos are amazing. So many here I love. I positively LOVE your word. Looking forward to the year of seeing you in action. So what's this 365 site? I'm into week 2 of my 365 and going strong.... Primarily with the goal of doing Project Life. I've been uploading to flickr into a personal set, but haven't heard of the 365 site. I'm heading over to see what you have "created" over there.