Tuesday, January 31, 2012

and then there were three...

Remember this little chickadee?

Well today she became an official member of the "egg laying club." As LB calls it.

Can you tell that the egg is a blue/green color? We knew Lucy (aka Peep) was an Easter Egger and could lay colored eggs. But there was no guarantee. So we were really jumping for joy when we discovered the extra egg in the nesting box today. And it wasn't brown.

We feel like proud grandparents over here.

The Big Ballerina took her new role very seriously. And babysat all afternoon. Sending birth announcements to all her friends.

And now we can definitely say she's a hen. Not a rooster.
•••

I want to thank all of you for the wonderfully supportive comments on my last post. They all felt like a great big hug! I'm going to continue with the class. I will keep you updated as to how it's going.

7 comments:

Kerri said...

Woohoo! Easter eggers are much prettier than the brown ones! Looks like little chickadee would like some of those gushers! Wonder what color the eggs would be if he had some of those?!
How do you get such awesome light in your photos?!

karren said...

I love your chicken posts. AND... I learned something too...colored eggs? AMazing!

Gabe said...

I'm so jealous. . .beautiful eggs!

Glad you are keeping the class. . .love the photo of lb texting!

Nicolle said...

I love those colored eggs. I love that your girl sent out birth announcements!

:)

Jen said...

So...does the color mean that it will hatch into a chicky? Sorry to be so chicken dumb. I do love the birth announcements. Looking forward to all that you can teach us from your class.

sloan said...

your side life as a farmer has me so fascinated ... would that i lived in a more suitable climate, i'd be all over it!! SO COOL!!

Jennifer Thompson said...

Birth announcements...I can't stop laughing, that's too cute!