Tuesday, December 1, 2009

"This is America! Everyone has a cell phone!"

That was part of the lesson I learned, the hard way, this weekend. How does the saying go? It takes one negative comment to wipe out 100 positive ones. It's something like that. Anyway...I am blogging here today as living proof that this saying is true.

I am not going to go into details. I'm just going to say that I've had the most humbling, humiliating two days of my entire life. I am fine, but in an instant, a total stranger was able to rip the rug right out from under me.

Instead I'm going to learn what I needed to from the experience. And, then I'm going to work hard to let it go. I'm going to wrap it in brown paper, bury it deep within my soul, and let it decompose so that it can grow into something beautiful like these roses that BSD sent to me after this happened. (God, I love that guy!)

Because he knows the truth. My children know the truth. And, if I can give myself a freakin' break, I will be able to see the truth again too.

4 comments:

A Mom Anonymous said...

Awwww (((HUG))))
The roses are beautiful!

lisa and laura said...

The roses are gorgeous! Hope you're feeling a little better. We've done some pretty stupid stuff ourselves. Try not to be too hard on yourself!

Erin said...

sounds like a sucky weekend! your flowers are beautiful- just like you! feel better soon.

Kim said...

Thank you, ladies! It's going to take a while, but I really appreciate the kind words.