Thursday, December 22, 2011

Grooming Report...

Sorry. No 12 inches of fresh powder to report here. Unless you count the layer of baby powder coating my bathroom floor. This is the "other type of grooming" report. AKA yourhusbandiscominghometomorrowafterthreemonths grooming report.

Yes. In between the Christmas shopping and tacky holiday sweater party going, I've been doing some grooming. For the past three months, I put off all major maintenance. The gray hairs were staging a coup. But I managed to keep them at bay for the past few weeks with a little help from the Melissa Gorga school of fashion.



I finally got it cut and colored this week. But I kind of like the hat look. I think this Jersey homegirl is onto something.

Next up was the nails. I hadn't gotten a mani/pedi in months. And my scraggly toes were starting to snag on the carpet. Definitely. not. pretty. But never fear. Groupon to the rescue. A shellac mani/pedi for $35. *woot*  Have you ever gotten a shellac manicure? I didn't even realize what I bought until I got there. This stuff is supposed to last two weeks. At least. With no chips or fading. I am psyched.

Of course, it took me a good 20 minutes to decide on a color when I realized it was that "permanent." The girl was making fun of me. "I'm not asking you to marry the color. Just date it a while."

Meet my date.


I went for tall, dark and handsome. Total opposite of my usual man. Even the ballerinas were shocked, "You picked black?!?!?" You know what they say, "Once you go black, you never go back." I'll let you know if it's true.

A new Groupon popped up this week. A Brazilian for $40. I considered it. But hey, BSD's only been gone three months. Not sure he deserves that kind of carpet treatment. Plus I have my own wax pot. I'd rather save the money for something bigger and better. Like maybe a Botox groupon.


13 comments:

kim {the non-mom blogger} said...

You're cracking me up, Kim!!! That $35 groupon is a deal!! I really want to try shellac, but can't shellac the money...

Anyhoo, looking good...have fun with your BSD ;)

Andrea @ little buckles said...

You are looking very great Kim! I can't stand anyone touching my nails so I can't consider getting my nails done ( nearly passed out the last time....weird I know ). The hat look is a go go :) xx

Kerri said...

I am rolling!! Once you go black you never go back! We use to say that in high school! You are a funny girl! You look so cute in your hat...and the nails and hair...lookin' good!
I am always getting invited to jewelry, candle, basket, food mix, and all other sorts of parties. What I'd really like to go to is a botox party! Now that's a party I would go to!
When will BSD get home? Today, Christmas Eve, Christmas day???
I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

Nicolle said...

Oh gosh, I love Melissa Gorga. :) I really do.

You look gorgeous. Love your hat and your hair. The shade of nail polish is one of my favorites. I am SO excited for you that BSD comes home today. I can imagine how happy you all must be. Enjoy every second!

xo.

sloan said...

first of all, YAY that he's finally coming home - better than any gift under the tree!! and second of all, your hair looks ABSOLUTELY FAB ... completely envious of the shine and color, it looks amazing!! and the nail color?! talk about a *woot* ... love!! merry christmas to you and your reunited family, kim :)

Megan said...

I know it must be so hard to be away from each other for months, but how fun to have this anticipation! You look beautiful and must be so ready to see your man! Love the nails and will have to try that...I only do clear on my fingernails because it never lasts long enough! Merry Christmas to you & yours Kim!

mandy said...

you are cracking me up here.

you look fabulous!

karren said...

Thanks for the chuckle. I enjoy your blog.

Karina said...

Stop! Don't you know that after kids if you make me laugh that hard I'm going to leak. Sounds like you have the perfect homecoming planned for your hubby. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Shellac manis will last that long. It's a pain getting the remaining polish/top coat off when the manicure starts looking bad but worth having fabulous looking nails for 2 weeks. Great Groupon deal!
I was ready to kick myself for missing a Botox Groupon that my plastic surgeon offered. It's something I've wanted to do for quite some time. I'm hoping he'll offer another deal soon.
Merry Christmas!
Mitzi

My Interior Life said...

This made me giggle (nothing unusual there). BSD will be so happy to see you regardless of your grooming. Merry, merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

Kyria @ Travel Spot said...

Have fun with BSD! I have never heard of shellacking but I am not much of a mani person. Pedi though, sign me up!

Kristin said...

You are looking HOT girl! Love that you got out of your box and went for the black...it's so dramatic and so amazingly you...and that hat is da bomb! Love it. But, I have to say, it's probably good you didn't go for the Brazilian because you probably would have given BSD a heart attack from over excitement the first day he was back!!!