Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pink Hearts

It's getting to be that time again. People are starting to think about their Christmas cards. People OTHER than me, that is. I'm more of a last minute kind of girl.

So for the past two Sundays I've had the chance to play photographer with my friends' families. Shooting my own family is one thing. But shooting someone else's adds a whole new level of stress. Will they like it? Does my vision match their vision? And how can I get them to do what I want when I can't yell at them like I can my own peeps?

I'll update you with the details after I've shared all the photos with the families. But I just have to share these two now. Not exactly Christmas card pictures, but umm....the pink hearts? LOVE!





14 comments:

Amy said...

THose are some awesome sun flares!

I always apologize upfront and tell families that I don't mean to sound bossy.

karren said...

Beautiful photos and beautiful children too!

Megan said...

I LOVE these pictures and would so use them as a Christmas card photo. Will you come take ours??!!

Kerri said...

Beautiful pictures...the kids look like models!

Ashley Sisk said...

That first shot is gorgeous!

Jen said...

Gorgeous Children. So fun!
Cant believe it's time to start thinking about Christmas.
I used to HAVE to have music to run. If my battery died in my MP3, I would have to go home.

Erin Deegan said...

ugh. christmas cards. it is that time isn't it? not looking forward to that process! love the photos... those kids are beautiful!

Jill said...

These pictures are beautiful!!
Have a wonderful week!

blessings,
Jill

sloan said...

they look like total surfer kids - so gorgeous and carefree!! super cool flare effect, too - way to go, kim!

Kristin said...

OMG, this could be a photo ad for Ralph Lauren kids or something. I heart the hearts, I love the backlighting and muted colors, the kids are gorgeous and I think you nailed it. I'm sold, I'm packing up and bringing my kids out for you to take pictures of!

Nicolle said...

Those kids are gorgeous! You captured their beauty so well. I LOVE the pink hearts sun flare. Makes me wonder who else was in the picture with them?! :) LOVE!

I just told Kevin we have got to get a family picture this year. BUT, that means I would have to do my hair and makeup and well, I'm just not down with that. ha.

Anonymous said...

I know why there were no sun hearts in my photos! :) You should have yelled at my kids more. You're like a second mom to them!!
A.

Karina said...

Fantastic - love the pink flare. Your friends photo bookings will adore your work. It is that time - isn't it....gasp.

Amy said...

LOVE the first one! Wanna come take ours???