And, that is how it began....just like it did for Mouse and that infamous cookie.
BSD wanted to give this old potting bench away. It was just sitting on the side of the house rotting away. I had to think fast. The ballerinas were taking over his beloved tool bench with all of their "arts and projects" (as the big ballerina has called arts and crafts since she was 3) so I suggested we repurpose it into an artist studio for them a la Sutton Grace.
- Cleared out a tiny space in the garage next to his tool bench so they can all work on projects together. (Most of that hanging stuff will be sold in a garage sale as we don't need it anymore.
- Painted the wall behind it to freshen up the space.
- Cut the bench legs down a bit to make it a more kid friendly size.
- Removed the upper slats and replaced them with a piece of plywood covered with plexiglass for a smooth table top.
- Painted the bench.
- Hung shelves above the bench for supplies.
- Made an "Arts & Projects" sign.
- Added a hook in the corner for their smocks.
- Added a child size bar stool.
I also think we should paint the bar stool, but BSD thinks that's too "Martha Stewart". What do you think? Paint it or not?
Martha may not let me work in her test kitchen, but maybe she has an opening in her craft department? I can't take the credit for DOING most of the work here as BSD thinks I'm too messy to paint (which is true), but I do a good job of coming up with ideas and supervising. Martha, do you have any openings for messy cheerleaders?