Summer's officially over here. Yes. I know school started almost a month ago. And even though the calendar confirmed this fact last Friday. The weather here has still been in the high 80's.
Nope. Summer officially ended here yesterday. When we dropped BSD off at the airport. To go back to work. For the next few .............
So, I'm ridin' solo.
If I really sat down and dwelled on it. I'm sure I could throw myself a nice big pity party. Complete with party hats. And gallons of ice cream. Right out of the carton. I'm sure everything around me will start breaking. And my neighbors will soon be turning off the lights. And drawing their curtains. When they see me coming. But hey. It's nothing new. BTDT.
Plus, the ballerinas are older now. Only 3 months older than the last time. But even that little bit makes a difference.
LB has more friends now. More of her own activities. Less dragging around after her big sister to do.
She's even more helpful these days.
BB is in middle school now.
She's more responsible. She's even got this funny little class called Study Hall. So when she gets home there's a lot less nagging about getting her homework done.
And then there's her strange SS teacher this year. A teacher so strange she somehow manages to teach the boring crap so that BB actually knows it. And I don't have to spend all night teaching it to her myself. The night before the test. Amazing.
Now I'm not going to lie and say it's going to be great. Easy peasy. There will be times when I'll want to crawl in a hole and cry. Times when I'll want to list the ballerinas on Craigslist.
But for now I'm going to focus on the positives.
- I have complete control of the computer again.
- I have complete control of the remote control again.
- I can go to the gym in the morning without feeling guilty.
- I can keep the lights on and read all night if I want to.
- I can eat cereal for dinner if I want to.
- I can eat ice cream for dinner if I want to.
- I can spend all day at TJMaxx if I want to.
- I can spend all day returning things to TJMaxx if I want to.