We "javelled"(as the Little Ballerina says) the gift bag of Cajun Pretzels in a matter of minutes. They're that tasty, have a nice kick, and are thoroughly addictive. They make a great gift all packaged and pretty, but I plan to make them for our next Poker Night. I think our guests will appreciate munching on these rather than the worms I served them last time. And, the heat will go great with a frosty Corona with lime...or two or four.
1/2 teaspoon dill weed
1 cup vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon ground red pepper*
1 Tablespoon Heinz 57 sauce
1 package Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
2 lbs pretzels**
*I used only about 1 1/2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper and they were plenty spicy for our wimpy tastes.
** Any kind will work, but we really like the thicker pretzel sticks. Not the logs, though.
* The Heinz 57 Sauce is not pictured. I borrowed the tablespoon from Lori.
1. Whisk all of the ingredients except the pretzels in a bowl.
2. Pour mixture into large Ziploc bag. Add 1 lb. of pretzels and shake to coat.
3. Spread pretzels out onto a baking sheet no more than 2-3 deep. Do not dump the bag onto the tray because you need the extra liquid to remain in the bag to coat the next batch.
4. Repeat steps 2-3 using the remaining liquid in the Ziploc bag.
5. Bake at 250 degrees for about 1 hour. Stir after 30 minutes.
6. Let cool. Dump into a bowl and enjoy. Or store in an airtight container.